The dissertation-based master’s program requires to write and present a research dissertation which is completed under the guidance of the supervisor. The coursework Master’s program comprises a year’s seminars pertinent to the field of specialization. Three examination papers are written at the end of the first year. In the second year of study a minor dissertation, comprising a research project of lesser magnitude, is completed under the guidance of a supervisor.
Master’s program is offered in the following fields of specialization:
- Professional Nursing Science: Nursing Education
- Professional Nursing Science: Ethos and Professional Practice
- Community Nursing Science: Primary Health Care
- Maternal & Child Nursing Science Neonatal
- Professional Nursing Science: Nursing Management
- Community Nursing Science
- Medical & Surgical Nursing Science: Critical Care (General)
- Maternal & Child Nursing Science: Midwifery & Neonatal Science
- Psychiatric Nursing Science
The entrance requirements for registration for a Master’s program are as follows:
- The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science with a minimum of 480 approved credits at NQF level 8 Nursing
- The candidate must hold a post in the field of specialization associated with the Master’s program studies.
- The student must also have an appropriate certificate of registration with the SA Nursing Council in the field of specialization of the proposed Master's program in Nursing Science.
- The candidate who wishes to apply for a Master’s program in Nursing Education and Nursing Management must also have passed Nursing Education and Nursing Management at a third-year level (NQF 8)
- The candidate who wishes to apply for a Master’s program in Psychiatric Nursing Science must also pass the specific selection program of this course. More information is available from the prospective supervisors concerned
- The candidate who aims to study for a Master’s program in the Department of Nursing Sciences at the University of Johannesburg must arrange an orientation meeting with the prospective supervisor. This is to ensure that the candidate is familiar with the selection criteria and other aspects related to the Master’s Degree.
- A short course in Research Methodology is recommended.
Duration of program:
- Full-time: Minimum 1 year and maximum 2 years
- Part-time: Minimum 1 year and maximum 3 years
Name: Dr. C Downing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. W Jacobs (email@example.com)
Vibrant, multicultural and dynamic, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) shares the pace and energy of cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city whose name it carries. Proudly South African, the university i ... 更多信息